Synergy is two or more things functioning together to produce a result not independently obtainable. 1+1 = 3. That’s marriage!
Unfortunately that is not the reality always. Divorce rates are on the rise.
Two basic causes for trouble in marriage is not finding what one expected to find and not expecting what one actually finds! The baggage we carry from our families of origin, stress due to finances, work, children all add to the challenges. Couples go through several stages – honeymoon period, birth of children, bringing up children, children leaving for college/work/marriage. As individuals and as couples we face different issues at each of these stages.
Marriages also go through different seasons. Gary Chapman describes seasons of marriage – winter (cold, lonely), spring (excitement, hope, joy), summer (deep sense of commitment, satisfaction) and fall (drifting apart). We want our marriages to stay in spring or summer!
Marriages either grow or they regress, they never stand still. We need to be intentional for our marriage to grow.
Take a minute to honestly evaluate your marriage.
- On a scale of 1-10 what score would you give?
- When you look at your marriage, do you feel it is going nowhere?
- Do you feel communication has completely broken down?
- Do you feel suffocated in your relationship?
- Are you are frozen in the winter season and long for spring and summer?
- Are you satisfied with your marriage?
- Do you thirst for a deeper loving relationship with your spouse?
- Do you want to handle conflicts in more constructive ways?
- Are you demonstrating love in ways your spouse understands?
Counseling might help you to move from where you are to the next level.
Call or email one of our counselors today to schedule an appointment.